• (613) 833-2774
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Club History

1946 – The club was founded with curling on two sheets of natural ice in the Community Hockey Arena. Curling continued at the hockey arena until the season of 1951- 52.

1952 – In the summer of 1952 with a membership of 16 men the present building was constructed. A loyal band of men, not all curlers but full of good citizenship and enthusiasm, devoted their spare time and talent (night and day) all fall to the construction. They were the following : Les Dunning (president), Reg Waterman, Eddy Smith, Hec MacMillan, Larry Dunning, John Dunning, Lloyd Lobb, Jim Moffatt, Tice Rochon, Arnold Moffatt, Ernie Elliott, Dick Moffatt, Stewart Martin, Romeo Gervais, Myles Tobin, Wally Rowe, James Hayes, Eddie Minoque, Sam Anderson, John Sharkey, Wilfred Sharkey, Lornie Barnett, Tom Rankin Jr., Allen Moffatt, Fred Jones, Edwin Williams, Maurice Fitzpatrick, John Kearns, Bill MacMillan, Ken Garvock and Mac McEachern.

1953 – Curling up to this time was with irons. Two sets of granite stones were obtained on loan from the Royal Caledonia Curling Club.

1956 – Membership increased to a point where an artificial plant was installed this year. All labour for the construction of the building, installation of the ice plant, plumbing, and club room refurbishing was supplied by club members. There were several changes in club construction in these years: kitchen was renovated, the upstairs lounge new floor, and the roof of
the ice surface was replaced with a modern aluminum sheeting.

1966 – Men’s change room added off the main lounge and the main lounge was redone with a new floor and lighting.

1968 – New granites were purchased and our borrowed rocks were given to Loyola University in Montreal.

1975 – Club rooms upstairs enlarged over entrance way and plant room.

1976 – New roof over ice surface after old roof did not meet the new snow load restrictions.

1976 – Men’s Deep Sea Bonspiel started.

1981 – Mixed Deep Sea Bonspiel started.

Celebrating 70 1946-2016



2019 - "New to the Club" stones were purchased, but were not used until 2021 as the global pandemic kept many businesses closed.

2020 - The year of the pandemic. Curling Club closed.


Celebrating 75 1946-2021


  • Opener Meet & Greet event, Oct. 2022. Pictured: Marc Pilon, President; Catherine Kitts, Ottawa City Councillor; Robyn Auld, Membership Director. Cake!

2021 - Membership applications and payments were now available online! 

2021-2022 - Celebrating 75 years of a rich history of a volunteer-run curling club! 

2022 - New point-of-sale system at the bar. Bye bye, old cash register. 

2023 - New website went live! 


Upcoming Events

No events

Contact Us


935 Cameron St.
Cumberland, Ontario  K4C1C6

PHONE: 613-833-2774

Questions? Email [email protected]

Technical issues? Email [email protected]

Follow Us

Facebook    Instagram twitter x, new logo, x, rounded Icon



Privacy Policy


About The Club

Cumberland Curling Club has brought together local residents to enjoy curling since 1946 - over 75 years!

Our two-sheet rink typically welcomes around 150 members per season from Cumberland, Rockland, Orleans, and surrounding areas. Learn-to-Curl is a popular program for introduction to the sport. We also regularly host private events.

© 2024 Cumberland Curling Club. All Rights Reserved. | Curling Club Management System and Website by CurlingClubManager.com